We have experienced incredible growth over the last 12 months and as a result we need to expand our team once again. We are very excited to promote our part-time Bookkeeper vacancy and to welcome the right candidate to join our busy team.
We like to think of ourselves as being a bit different from your stereotypical accountants; we’re constantly evolving our business to meet the needs of the 21st century clientele. We use, and promote, online cloud based software, the latest apps and utilise ever evolving software to ensure a streamlined practice.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful candidate must be IT proficient, have experience working within a similar role and must have worked using online accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks, or Sage. Qualifications an advantage.
Day to day duties will include:
- Preparation of clients bookkeeping and quarterly vat returns, using accounting software.
- Accurate data entry of all invoices, sales receipts, and purchase invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Provide support to the accounting team.
- Preparing the payroll, submitting to HMRC, and filing the pension contributions.
- Preparing and submitting CIS returns and verifying subcontractors.
- Credit Control
- Bank reconciliations
- Excellent attention to detail and an elevated level of accuracy in data entry and financial record-keeping, recognising errors and problem solving.
- Knowledge of payroll processing and the relevant tax regulations.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Mathematics skills for accurate record-keeping
- Multi-tasking and organisational skills to manage different financial duties, including the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with customers, suppliers, and other employees.
- Communication skills, including the ability to explain complex financial matters in accessible terms.
Education and training requirements
- Must have previous experience, qualifications an advantage.
- Must have experience working with cloud accounting software.
Hours and Pay
- Hours 25 per week – Days and times to be agreed.
- Pay up to £15 per hour depending on experience.
- Flexible working hours/location
- Onsite parking
- Company pension
If you would like to be part of this dynamic team, please email us with your covering letter of why you think you would be a good fit for our company, along with a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Please note the closing date for all applications is 01 December 2023.